The first Impressionist painters painted on location on the
On Wednesday, October 11,
- The Boat Landing on the east side of the river in the shadows of both the railroad bridge and the
( Memorial Bridge Broad Street Bridge).
- The park in front of City Hall with its commanding views both up and down river.
- The backwater from the
with its ducks, herons, and geese in residence. James Martin Wildlife Park
- The knoll beside Convention Hall and overlooking the river with tree foliage framing the view.
- River Country Campground with its river-edge location.
with piers out into the river. Jack Ray Family Park
- The Lafferty’s Landing boardwalk.
Painters will be on location beginning at 9 a.m. and continuing to 4 p.m. To find the painters, check in with the Gadsden Museum of Art volunteers at the blue market umbrella at Lafferty’s Landing. All these locations offer easy parking for painters and visitors.